A New Conversation: Actively Transforming a Company, Culture and Country
It’s time! This is about coming together – working to create an equitable culture for employees, stakeholders, and customers. A place where ALL can feel like they belong and are part of the team. It starts by establishing rules of engagement for civil, productive conversations that find solutions – not fault. Vernice “FlyGirl” Armour was a diversity officer for U.S. Marine Corps HQ; its liaison to the Pentagon. As a gay Black woman she brought valuable personal experience to her work. She learned: When you bring people together, their differences can result in tension…THIS IS NORMAL! How you MANAGE that diversity is the key!
– Create a culture that values and respects all team members
– Why it’s time to turn THE Conversation into a NEW Conversation
– Ways to face uncomfortable issues without playing ostrich
– How to prevent a counter-productive herd mentality
– Set an example of civility and motivate people to respond in kind
TAILORED TO THESE THEMES: Belonging, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Organizational Culture, Teamwork, Communication Skills