“The State of the American Presidency”
Everywhere legendary journalist Bob Woodward goes, he says people ask to know what’s really going on in Washington. Their questions fall into four categories: 1) The presidency: How is President Trump doing and surviving? How does Trump compare with the eight presidents—Nixon to Obama—that Woodward has reported on for The Washington Post and in his bestselling books? 2) The investigation of special counsel Robert Mueller: is it like Watergate or will it fade away like Reagan’s Iran-Contra scandal? 3) Conflict: What is the likelihood of a new war? What are the goals with North Korea, in the Middle East, with the Islamic state, and on terrorism? Will there likely be a major escalation in one of the current conflicts? And 4) The economy: Is the American/global economy sound or are we headed for trouble? How is Trump’s America First agenda playing out with our allies and enemies around the globe?
In Woodward’s speeches, the two-time Pulitzer Prize-winning associate editor of the Post offers some well-reported answers to these questions that audiences won’t learn from any other source. As he reported on previous presidents, for 46 years Woodward has immersed himself in their decision-making, scandals, wars, and economic policy like no other reporter. He is now leveraging a rich network of sources — applying his signature aggressive but fair and non-partisan reporting method for his next book on President Trump, his administration, and its many controversies. As with his 18 bestselling books – 12 of which have been #1 – Woodward will provide a behind-the-scenes examination of what’s really going on and what it means.
In 2014, Robert Gates, former director of the CIA and secretary of defense, said of Woodward, “He has an extraordinary ability to get otherwise responsible adults to spill [their] guts to him . . . his ability to get people to talk about stuff they shouldn’t be talking about is just extraordinary and may be unique.” That is Woodward’s true gift and audiences at his speeches leave transfixed by what they’ve learned.
- BOB WOODWARD: Journalists Need to Start Showing Up
- Trailer for MasterClass - BOB WOODWARD Teaches Investigative Journalism
- Washington Politics: BOB WOODWARD What Don't We Know About Our Government
- The Enemy of Democracy: BOB WOODWARD - Secret Government
- The Job of the President: BOB WOODWARD Setting the National Agenda
- Bestselling Author BOB WOODWARD - A President’s Legacy
- Expanding Presidential Powers: BOB WOODWARD – Evolution of the President's Role
- Investigative Reporter BOB WOODWARD – Political Leadership for a Dangerous World
- BOB WOODWARD: How Has Politics Changed?
- BOB WOODWARD: The Last of the President's Men - CBS This Morning Interview
- Legendary Journalist BOB WOODWARD – Getting to the Truth About Watergate
- News Icon BOB WOODWARD: Investigative Journalism in the Internet Age
- BOB WOODWARD: Facts Emerge: Be Calm and Don't Pre Judge
- BOB WOODWARD: Media Must Be Tough But Controlled in Tone
- BOB WOODWARD: Media Should Treat Trump as a Story, Not a Threat
- BOB WOODWARD: Comparing Russian Investigation to Watergate
- BOB WOODWARD: Interviewing Trump - How Trump Negotiates
- BOB WOODWARD: On Interviewing Trump About Winning & Cooperation
- BOB WOODWARD: Interviewing Trump on Nixon and Lincoln
- Presidential Leadership Lessons: BOB WOODWARD Gerald Ford, The Courage to Lead
- Presidential Leadership Lessons: BOB WOODWARD – Richard Nixon, Too Many Lies
- Presidential Leadership Lessons: BOB WOODWARD - Ronald Reagan , Progress Through Compromise
- Presidential Leadership Lessons: BOB WOODWARD - Jimmy Carter, Making A Difference
- Presidential Leadership Lessons: BOB WOODWARD - George W Bush, You Can't Fix the World
- Presidential Leadership Lessons: BOB WOODWARD - George H W Bush, Being a Realist is a Virtue
- Presidential Leadership Lessons: BOB WOODWARD - Bill Clinton, The Power to Communicate
- Presidential Leadership Lessons: BOB WOODWARD - Barak Obama, Price of a Reluctant Warrior