“The Age of the American Presidency”
Donald Trump is creating an entirely new American Presidency, breaking most rules and setting a new non-traditional course. Two-time Pulitzer Prize-winning Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward is now turning to the 45th president, putting him in context and addressing what is going on behind the scenes and what to expect.
Woodward speaks to critical questions such as: How did Trump get to the White House? What are his true intentions? What can be believed? What positions are real? What information can be trusted and what statements and tweets really reflect where he is going? Can he deliver? Who will support or attempt to thwart him? Who does he really listen to? And what may it all mean?
No one knows the American presidency as well as Bob Woodward, the Post’s veteran reporter-historian, who has written #1 bestselling books covering all eight of the last presidents from Nixon to Obama.
No one has uncovered more of the hidden stories from the secret world of presidents, the CIA, the Pentagon and the Supreme Court than Woodward. Beginning with the coverage of Watergate with Carl Bernstein and their book and movie All the President’s Men (which Time magazine called “perhaps the most influential piece of journalism in history”) to his two bestselling books on Obama, he presents an encyclopedia of case studies in presidential leadership, secret decision-making and the hard-nosed politics of Washington.
Only someone with more than four decades of explaining and understanding the American presidency with his signature aggressive but fair and non-partisan reporting can quickly provide a timely portrait of Trump. The 45th president comes to an office which, as Woodward demonstrates, has an increased and astounding concentration of power.
In 2014, Robert Gates, former director of the CIA and Secretary of Defense, said of Woodward, “He has an extraordinary ability to get otherwise responsible adults to spill [their] guts to him . . . his ability to get people to talk about stuff they shouldn’t be talking about is just extraordinary and may be unique.”
- BOB WOODWARD: Journalists Need to Start Showing Up
- Trailer for MasterClass - BOB WOODWARD Teaches Investigative Journalism
- Washington Politics: BOB WOODWARD What Don't We Know About Our Government
- The Enemy of Democracy: BOB WOODWARD - Secret Government
- The Job of the President: BOB WOODWARD Setting the National Agenda
- Bestselling Author BOB WOODWARD - A President’s Legacy
- Expanding Presidential Powers: BOB WOODWARD – Evolution of the President's Role
- Investigative Reporter BOB WOODWARD – Political Leadership for a Dangerous World
- BOB WOODWARD: How Has Politics Changed?
- BOB WOODWARD: The Last of the President's Men - CBS This Morning Interview
- Legendary Journalist BOB WOODWARD – Getting to the Truth About Watergate
- News Icon BOB WOODWARD: Investigative Journalism in the Internet Age
- BOB WOODWARD: Facts Emerge: Be Calm and Don't Pre Judge
- BOB WOODWARD: Media Must Be Tough But Controlled in Tone
- BOB WOODWARD: Media Should Treat Trump as a Story, Not a Threat
- BOB WOODWARD: Comparing Russian Investigation to Watergate
- BOB WOODWARD: Interviewing Trump - How Trump Negotiates
- BOB WOODWARD: On Interviewing Trump About Winning & Cooperation
- BOB WOODWARD: Interviewing Trump on Nixon and Lincoln
- Presidential Leadership Lessons: BOB WOODWARD Gerald Ford, The Courage to Lead
- Presidential Leadership Lessons: BOB WOODWARD – Richard Nixon, Too Many Lies
- Presidential Leadership Lessons: BOB WOODWARD - Ronald Reagan , Progress Through Compromise
- Presidential Leadership Lessons: BOB WOODWARD - Jimmy Carter, Making A Difference
- Presidential Leadership Lessons: BOB WOODWARD - George W Bush, You Can't Fix the World
- Presidential Leadership Lessons: BOB WOODWARD - George H W Bush, Being a Realist is a Virtue
- Presidential Leadership Lessons: BOB WOODWARD - Bill Clinton, The Power to Communicate
- Presidential Leadership Lessons: BOB WOODWARD - Barak Obama, Price of a Reluctant Warrior